Friday, October 29, 2010

Workshop 3: Material Modeling Workshop

Week 3: Homework

For homework we were required to make an A2 poster of our experience of the workshop and also incorporating one of the words from a list. The word i chose to help describe my experience of the workshop was "chaos"

The reason i chose "chaos" was because in my mind i feel my mind is very chaotic and I find it extremely difficult to produce the ideas i have in my mind into the model i want to produce. Hence, for my poster i took pictures of  think more to the literal all the models I made and cut them up into triangles and stuck the randomly to represent the chaos in my mind. However even tho i stuck the randomly it seem to still be some sort of order to it because i still think more to the literal side. In this workshop i have learnt to let go and think out of the box and make models communicating my ideas, concept and emotions rather than making a building. When i do finally produce a model it is different to what i had originally came up with because i have found it hard to translate my ideas into a building so in the poster are complete different shapes to the middle but are still able to fit together because we are required to think outside the box.

This workshop has been tough but i have felt that i have gained quite a lot from it in terms of thinking more outside and start to express my emotions and ideas into my models.

No comments:

Post a Comment